These Terms of Service, together with any and all other documents referred to herein, set out the terms under which you may use the epcplc.com website, any sub-domains of this site or any self-registration web account applications (e.g. for travelling in Norway or ULEZ in London) (the Website). Please read these Terms of Service carefully and ensure that you understand them. You will be required to read and understand these Terms of Service as by using this website you are deemed to accept them. If you do not agree to comply with and be bound by these Terms of Service, please stop using the website.
Definitions and Interpretation
In these Terms of Service the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- EPC Account
- means an account required to be registered by the Website’s user to manage online payments of traffic related notices, environmental schemes or generally any online application available on the Website;
- Euro Parking Collection plc: company registration number : 3515275, data protection registration number: Z5479282; Contractum Limited: company registration number: 5755117, data protection registration number: Z143131X, VAT registration number: 977 7392 50, EPC Finance Limited: company registration number: 8881682; all registered in England and Wales, at'Shepperton House, 83-93 Shepperton Road, London, N1 3DF United Kingdom; and EPC Hungary KFT: company registration number: 01-09-908128, data protection registration number: NAIH-112615/2017 (collectively EPC);'
- means any and all text, images, audio, video, scripts, code, software, databases, and any other form of information capable of being stored on a computer that appears on, or forms part of the Website;
- means collectively the online facilities, tools, services, infrastructure and information that EPC provides through the Website for facilitating administration of traffic related charges;
- Service or Services
- means the services available to you through the Website;
- Payment Information
- means any details required for the payment for Services from the Website. This includes, but is not limited to, credit/debit card numbers, bank account numbers and sort codes, or any other applicable payment method;
- Third Party Service Provider
- means a third party providing a service that is offered to Users through the Website;
- means any third party that accesses the Website and is not employed by Euro Parking Collection plc.
The Website Ownership
The Website is owned and operated by EPC
Our Intellectual Property Rights and Licence
All other Content included on the Website, including all user-facing material, text, graphics, logos, icons, images, sound clips, video clips, data compilations, page layout and all underlying material such as code, software, and databases and the copyright and other intellectual property rights in that Content, unless specifically labelled otherwise, is the property of EPC, our affiliates, partners, clients or other relevant third parties. All Content is protected by applicable United Kingdom and international intellectual property laws and treaties.
You may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use material from the Website unless otherwise indicated on the Website or unless given express written permission to do so by EPC.
Links to Other Websites
The Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of EPC or our affiliates. EPC assumes no responsibility for the content of such websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them. The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
EPC Accounts are a self-registration, online application which allows Users to register vehicle information, as well other relevant information, in order to manage payments of traffic related charges, receive relevant correspondence by email, as well as other information to facilitate travel in a given location. In order to benefit from this application, EPC requires you to provide and register your details on the Website in order to create an EPC Account.
The EPC Account will contain certain personal details, payment information and vehicle information, which EPC will ask you to provide.
By accepting the Terms of Service and continuing to use the Website you represent and warrant that:
- all information you submit is accurate and truthful;
- you accept that you may be contacted by email by EPC for any reasonable purpose, at any time, including, but not limited to, service of any relevant documents;
- you authorise and expressly permit EPC to verify your details with the relevant vehicle licensing authority in the country where the vehicle is registered, when necessary or required by EPC or its affiliates to do so;
- within the legal confines and obligations of data protection by which EPC is bound, you accept that your personal details may be shared with authorised entities, for administration and enforcement purposes, which may be based outside the EU;
- you have permission to submit Payment Information where permission may be required; and
- you will keep this information accurate and up-to-date; EPC accepts no liability in the event that erroneous information is communicated by email, as a result of inaccurate or out-of-date information.
By creating an EPC Account you further affirm your representation and warranty.
Please note that if EPC implements material changes to the way the EPC Accounts are operated, you authorise us to inform you as soon as is practicable.
It is recommended that you do not share your EPC Account details, particularly your username and password. EPC accepts no liability for any losses or damages incurred as a result of your EPC Account details being shared by you. If you use a shared computer, it is recommended that you do not save your EPC Account details in your internet browser.
If you have reason to believe that your EPC Account details have been obtained by another without consent, you should contact EPC immediately to suspend your EPC Account and cancel any unauthorised orders or payments that may be pending.
Use of the Website is also governed by our Website Privacy Notice and Cookies Policy which is incorporated into these Terms of Service by this reference.
Termination and Cancellation
Either you or EPC may terminate your EPC Account at any time.
If you wish to terminate your EPC Account, please email us with your request.
EPC makes no warranty or representation that the Website will meet your requirements, that it will be of satisfactory quality, that it will be fit for a particular purpose, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all systems, that it will be secure and that all information provided will be accurate. EPC makes no guarantee of any specific results from the use of our Service or Services.
Whilst EPC uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, all Users are advised to take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
Viruses, Malware and Security
EPC exercises all reasonable skill and care to ensure that the Website is secure and free from viruses and other malware including, but not limited to, the scanning for viruses and malware. EPC does not, however, guarantee that the Website is secure or free from viruses or other malware and accepts no liability in respect of the same.
You must not deliberately introduce viruses or other malware, or any other material which is malicious or technologically harmful either to or via the Website.
You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to any part of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any other server, computer, or database connected to the Website.
Changes to the Service and these Terms of Service
EPC reserves the right to change the Website, its Content or these Terms of Service at any time. You will be bound by any changes to the Terms of Service from the first time you use the Website following the changes. If EPC is required to make any changes to Terms of Service by law, these changes will apply automatically to any current usage in addition to any future usage.
Availability of the Website
The Service is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. EPC gives no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by law EPC provides no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality.
EPC accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, power failure, natural events, acts of war or legal restrictions and censorship.
Limitation of Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by law, EPC accepts no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage, foreseeable or otherwise, including any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Website or any information contained therein. Users should be aware that they use the Website and the Content at their own risk.
Nothing in these Terms of Service excludes or restricts EPC liability for death or personal injury resulting from any negligence or fraud on the part of EPC.
Nothing in these Terms of Service excludes or restricts EPC’s liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising out of the incorrect provision of Services or out of reliance on incorrect information included on the Website.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that these Terms of Service adhere strictly with the relevant provisions of the law, in the event that any of these terms are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that term is to be deemed severed from these Terms of Service and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining Terms of Service. This term shall apply only within jurisdictions where a particular term is illegal.
How does EPC Use Your Personal Information (Data Protection)
All personal information that EPC may collect (including, but not limited to, your name, address and telephone number) will be collected, used and held in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 2018.
For details on data protection please read EPC Privacy Notice.
Other Important Terms
EPC may transfer (assign) our obligations and rights under these Terms of Service to a third party. If this occurs, you will be informed by EPC in writing. Your rights under these Terms of Service will not be affected and our obligations under these Terms of Service will be transferred to the third party who will remain bound by them.
EPC may revise these Terms of Service from time to time in response to changes in relevant laws and other regulatory requirements.
If any of the provisions of these Terms of Service are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by any court or other authority, that/those provision(s) shall be deemed severed from the remainder of these Terms of Service. The remainder of these Terms of Service shall be valid and enforceable.
No failure or delay by EPC in exercising any of its rights under these Terms of Service means that EPC have waived that right, and no waiver by EPC of a breach of any provision of these Terms of Service means that EPC will waive any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms of Service, and the relationship between you and EPC shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English law.